How to make Quick & Easy Japanese Shoyu Ramen (竹岡式インスパイアラーメンの作り方)
Posted On 02/22/2020
I decided to create a quick and easy home-made recipe which is simple to follow and will take less than 2 hours to complete.
This recipe is inspired by Takeoka-shiki Ramen, using dried noodles.
However instead of using water which is traditionally used as the base for soup, I created my own version of soup with shorter preparation time making use of the pork for chashu and niboshi to bring out the flavour for this Shoyu Ramen.
How to make Quick & Easy Japanese Shoyu Ramen VIDEO
STEP 1 : SOUP
Water 2.5L Pork Cutlet (This is also for Chachu) 1kg Kombu 1pc Niboshi (Dried Fish) 40g Fresh Garlic 4pc Ginger (Few Slices)
1. Put 2.5L of water in a pot.
2. Combine all ingredients for Soup in a pot.
3. Boil slowly at medium to low heat.
4. Make sure to simmer at least 20min before water boils.
5. Remove scum when water start boiling.
6. Continue to simmer at low heat for 20min (make sure soup is not boiling, about 98°C).
7. Remove pork.
8. Remove kombu.
9. Pour soup through strainer.
10. Soup broth is done.
STEP 2 : Chashu
Pork Belly 500g Water 600ml Koikuchi Shoyu 750ml Sake 200ml Mirin 200ml Usukuchi Shoyu (Light) 200ml Suger 25g Fresh Garlic 5pc Fish souce 50ml
1. Put 600ml of water in a pot.
2. Combine ingredients for chashu soup in a pot.
3. Medium heat (make sure mixture do no boil).
4. Put chashu into sauce.
5. Continue to simmer 20min.
6. Place a bowl to submerge pork to fully marinate.
7. Remove chashu from sauce and chashu is done.
8. Put chashu sauce through a strainer.
9. Add fish souce 50ml.
10. Ramen sauce (created from chashu sauce) is done.
STEP 3 : OIL
Pork lard 150g Sliced Garlic 15g Black pepper 15g
1. Put pork lard 150g and sliced garlic 15g into a pan.
2. Heat at slow fire.
3. Remove garlic when they turn golden brown and crispy.
4. Stop fire add black pepper 15g.
5. Wait a while for oil to cool.
6. Take oil through a strainer.
7. Garlic and pepper oil is done.
STEP 4 : TOPPING
Onion 2pc Boiled spinach Chashu from STEP 2 Fried garlic from STEP 3
1. Chopped onion 2pc.
2. Soak in water for 10min.
3. Boiled spinachi (refer to shoyu ramen recipe).
4. After removing roots, half the spinach.
5. Slice chashu thinly.
6. Thin slices to compliment the soup.
STEP 5 : RAMEN
Ramen sauce 50ml from STEP 1 Garlic 1.5tbsp Pepper oil 1.5tbsp from STEP 3 Dried noodles All toppings from STEP 4 Ajitama
1. Use boiling water to geat the ramen bowl and pour away.
2. Add ramen sauce 50ml.
3. Add garlic and pepper oil about 1.5 tbsp.
4. Reheat soup and boil water for noodles.
5. Boil dried noodles 2min (fresh/instant noodles can also be used).
6. Mix ramen sauce and soup.
7. Add noodles with ramen soup.
8. Put all topping.
9. Quick & Easy version of Shoyu Ramen is done!
You can also purchase some of the ingredients/condiments here
Kikkoman Japan Made Soy Sauce, 33.8 Ounce (Koikuchi Shoyu)
Kikkoman Usukuchi Soy Sauce, 33.8-Ounce (Usukuchi Shoyu)
Mirin Sweet Cooking Sake – 1 bottle – 25.4 fl oz
Nagasaki Produced Dried Sardine 200g (Niboshi)
Rendering’s Gold Label Leaf Lard – 14 oz (Pork Lard)
Chuka Soba Noodle 6 OZ (Dried Noodles)