How to make Halal Tori-Paitan Ramen (Chicken Soup Ramen) (鶏白湯ラーメンの作り方)
Posted On 09/14/2020
Hello! In this video I will show you how to make a halal version of Tori-Paitan Ramen (Chicken Soup Ramen) 鶏白湯ラーメン using boneless chicken and vegetable potage for broth. No pork or cooking sake (alcohol) is used in my recipe this time.
Tori-Paitan Ramen comes with a creamy soup base which is rich and thick yet not too heavy on taste. In my recipe I used cabbage which adds natural sweetness to the soup. The toppings are simple, yet a good mix of taste and texture to match the soup & noodles. As usual I do not use any MSG in my recipe.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, visit
my youtube channel if you do! Please also subscribe if you wish to watch more ramen recipe videos and feel free to leave a comment for request of any ramen recipes. Thank you!
How to make Halal Tori-Paitan Ramen VIDEO
You can also purchase some of the items used here
Fresh Chicken Breast –
Kikkoman Japan Made Soy Sauce (Koikuchi Shoyu) –
Kikkoman Usukuchi Soy Sauce (Usukuchi Shoyu) –
Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar –
Digital Cooking Thermometer –
STEP 1 : TOTI CHASHU(とりチャーシュー)
CHICKEN BREAST 3pcs OLIVE OIL
1. Add salt on chicken breast all sides.
2. Soak chicken in olive oil and seal in ziplock bag.
3. Remove air bubbles by soaking bag in water bath and sealing the bag.
4. Heat water to 70 deg c.
5. Place chicken into water bath for 30min at the same temperature.
6. Remove chicken and leave to cool at room temperature. Chashu is cone.
STEP 2 : RAMEN SAUCE(タレ)
DASHI 500ml USUKUCHI SHOYU 250ml KOIKUCHI SHOYU 150ml THAI FISH SAUCE 50ml SEA SALT 60g HONEY 30g APPLE VINEGAR 20ml
1. Add dashi into pot.
Check my Shoyu ramen video to learn how to make dashi. How to make Japanese Shoyu Ramen (醬油ラーメンの作り方)
2. Add usukuchi shoyu, koikuchi shoyu, thai fish sauce, sea salt and honey.
Stir and heat at medium fire to let sauce boil.
3. Once sauce is boiling, stop fire and add apple vinegar.
Sauce is done.
STEP 3 : RAMEN SOUP(スープ)
WATER 3L BONELESS CHICKEN LEG 800g SLICED ONION 300g CUT CABBAGE 200g GARLIC 3pcs CHICKEN SKIN 250g
1. Cut chicken into smaller pieces and add to water to boil.
2. Add sliced onion, cut cabbage, garlic and chicken skin.
3. When soup boils, remove scum.
4. Continue to boil for 1.5h.
5. The chicken should have become very tender after 1.5h of boiling, stop fire when soup is ready.
6. Transfer soup and ingredients into a blender.
7. Blend until there are no more clumps and soup becomes milky and smooth. Soup is done.
STEP 4 : NOODLE(麺)
TOP FLOUR 400g WATER 145ml EGG 1pc KANSUI 7g SALT 7g
1. Pour mixture(water, egg, kansui, salt) slowly to stir into flour.
2. Wrap and wait 40min.
3. Knead until a dough forms.
4. Place dough into ziplock bag and flatten, remove and fold in. Repeat the same steps 3 times, check my Shoyu Ramen recipe.
How to make Japanese Shoyu Ramen (醬油ラーメンの作り方)
5. Roll to flatten the dough.
6. Cut into 4 pieces to fit the noodle machine.
7. Flatten dough using noodle machine.
8. Coat all sides of dough with corn starch.
9. Using the machine, make noodles of medium thickness. Noodle is done.
STEP 5 : RAMEN OIL(油)
CHICKEN SKIN 300g GARLIC 5pcs LEEK LEAVES
1. Cook chicken skin in a pot at low fire.
2. Oil will start to come out as the chicken skin cooks.
3. Continue to simmer nutil chicken skin is submerged in oil.
4. Add sliced garlic and leek leaves(top part which is green) into chicken oil.
5. Continue to cook until chicken skin turns golden brown.
6. Pour mixture into a strainer to get the oil. Ramen oil is done.
Crispy chicken skin makes a great snack.
STEP 6 : TOPPING(トッピング)
CHICKEN CHASHU LEEK 2pcs ASPARAGUS 1packet CHICKEN OIL 1tsp SALT and PEPPER
1. Slice chicken chashu into thin pieces.
2. Slice into thin long strips.
3. Soak in water for 10min and remove.
4. Cut asparagus into 3 sections.
5. Heat at medium fire, add chicken oil to fry asparagus.
6. Add salt and pepper, and fry until asparagus is cooked.
7. Topping is done.
STEP 7 : TORI PAITAN RAMEN
RAMEN SOUCE 30ml NOODLES 150g CHICKEN SOUP 300ml ALL TOPPINGS RAMEN OIL 1tbsp ITO TOGARASHI(ANGEL HAIR CHILLI PEPPER)
1. Boil water and reheat chicken soup in a separate pot.
2. Warm the bowl with hot water. Add ramen souce into the bowl.
3. Add noodles into boiling water and cook for 2min.
4. Add chicken soup into the bowl.
5. Arrange noodles neatly.
6. Add chicken chashu topping. Fllowed by asparagus, leek, nad ajitama.
7. Add ramen oil 1tbsp.
8. Add a final touch of ito togarashi. Tori paitan ramen is done.