Have you been to Kamukura (https://kamukura.co.jp/) to try the signature Oishii Ramen (Yes it means Delicious Ramen) when you were in Osaka?
Started by a Japanese chef that specialized in French cuisine, the concept of Kamukura is to create “Ramen that people will want to eat even everyday”. The key is in the mild soup, matched with Chinese cabbage as and various toppings to complement nicely with the soup.
This is an inspired version of Oishii Ramen, while adding a little bit of my original style 🙂
In my recipe, I try to re-create similar flavours of the classic Oishii Ramen by using a soup base of chicken and beef, simmered over long hours. The ramen is topped with many different ingredients, including Chinese cabbage, pork belly slices and a special blend of marinated chives. The result is amazing, a mild sweetness to the soup which is filled with flavours and definitely something I will love to eat everyday.
As always, I did not use any MSG because I try to use various alternative ingredients to bring out the umami in my own recipes.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, visit my youtube channel if you do! Please also subscribe if you wish to watch more ramen recipe videos and feel free to leave a comment for request of any ramen recipes. Thank you!
How to make Kamukura Oishii Ramen (Delicious Ramen)
- USUKUCHI SHOYU 150ml
- KOIKUCHI SHOYU 100ml
- HON MIRIN 30ml
- COOKING SAKE 20ml
- DRIED SCALLOPS 15g
- EGG 1pc
- CAPE JASMINE GARDENIA SOLUTION 148g(combine egg to make 148g)
- SALT 5g
- KANSUI 5g
- HOKKAIDO RAMEN FLOUR 400g
for SOUP (BROTH)
- PRE BOILED BEEF BONE 1kg
- CHICKEN CARCASS 750g
- WATER 2L
- ONION 1pc
- DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS 2pc
- GARLIC 8pc
- SHIRONEGI (GREEN PART) 1pc
- PORK BELLY 500g
- KOIKUCHI SHOYU 100ml
- SALT 1tsp
- SUGER 1tsp
- KOREAN CHILLI POWDER 1tsp
- GOCHUJANG 1/2tsp
- KOIKUCHI SHOYU 1tbsp
- CHINESE CABBAGE
- PORK BELLY
for KAMUKURA OISHII RAMEN
- SOUP 360ml
- RAMEN SAUCE 36ml
- RAMEN OIL 1tbsp
- NOODLES 130g
- ALL TOPPINGS
STEP 1 : SAUCE
1. Add Usukuchi Shoyu, Koikuchi Shoyu, Hon Mirin and Cooking Sake to a pot.
2. Heat sauce until alcohol evaporates and stop cooking.
3. Add Dried Scallops into pot, and store sauce overnight in the fridge. Ramen Sauce is done.
STEP 2 : NOODLES
1. Egg Yolk + Cape Jasmine Gardenia Solution combine both to make 148g
2. Salt and Kansui stir until fully combined.
3. Add Hokkaido Ramen Flour to a large mixing bowl. Add in kansui solution in batches until fully combined with flour.
4. Use a roller to push, and fold until a smooth dough forms.
5. Set aside for 40min.
6. Use noodle machine to make smooth and flat dough.
7. Cut into medium thick noodles. Noodles are done.
STEP 3 : SOUP (BROTH)
1. Add Pre Boiled Beef Bone, Chicken Carcass and Water to a large pot.
2. Start boiling at medium heat until about 90C and keep at this temperature.
3. Remove scum.
4. Continue to simmer 3 hours at the same temperature.
5. Remove oil on the surface to be used as ramen oil.
6. Add Onion, Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, Garlic and Shironegi into a pot.
7. continue to simmer 3 more hours at the same temperature.
8. Stop boiling and strain soup. Soup is done.
STEP 4 : CHASHU
1. Pork Belly place into a bag.
2. Add Koikuchi Shoyu into a bag and remove air before sealing.
3. Sous vide at 78C for 4.5 hours. Chashu is done.
STEP 5 : TOPPING
1. Add Salt, korean Chilli Powder, Gochujang, Koikuchi Shoyu and Sugar to a bowl.
2. Stir until salt and sugar dissolves.
3. Dice Chives into small pieces.
4. Mix well with the sauce.
5. Cut Chinese Cabbage into square pieces.
6. Slice Chashu into thick pieces.
7. These and Pork Belly, toppings are done.
STEP 6 : KAMUKURA OISHII RAMEN
1. Add Soup, Chinese Cabbage, Pork Belly, Ramen Sauce and Ramen Oil to cooking pot and start boiling.
2. Boil Noodles for 3min.
3. Add Ramen Soup and Noodles into a bowl.
4. Add All Toppings.
5. Kamukura Oishii Ramen is done.
Make your own ramen
If you’d like to make authentic ramen like this recipe, you can make your own with all the ingredients and cooking utensils!
You can buy the ingredients for ramen RAMEN KAONASHI STORE.