Hello, in this video I will show you how to make authentic Japanese Niboshi (Dried Fish) Ramen from scratch using all-natural ingredients with no MSG added.
The preparation time is about 2 days as you will need some time to make dashi, and ajitama. If you wish to learn how to make ajitama (Flavoured Egg) please refer to this recipe.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, visit my youtube channel if you do! Please also subscribe if you wish to watch more ramen recipe videos and feel free to leave a comment for request of any ramen recipes. Thank you!
How to make Japanese Niboshi Shoyu Ramen
- How to make Japanese Niboshi Shoyu Ramen
- Make your own ramen
- MIRIN 400ml
- KOIKUCHI SHOYU 250ml
- THAI FISH SAUCE 50ml
- USUKUCHI SHOYU 100ml
- SEA SALT 45g
- ROCK SUGAR 30g
- VINEGAR 15g
for CHICKEN CHASHU
- CHICKEN BREASTS
- HOKKAIDO FLOUR 300g
- WATER 130nl
- KANSUI 5g
- SALT 5g
for SOUP (BROTH)
- NIBOSHI 100g
- MIXED DRIED FISH 100g
- DRIED KOMBU 1sheet
- SHIITAKE 2pieces
- DRIED YUZU
- DAIKON RADISH SPROUTS
- CHICKEN CHASHU from STEP 2
- PORK FAT
- CUT SHIRONEGI from STEP 5
STEP 1 : SAUCE (TARE)
1. Add Mirin, Koikuchi Shoyu, Thai Fish Sauce, Sea Salt and Rock Sugar into a pot.
2. Simmer at 90℃
3. Off stove and add vinegar. Sauce is done.
STEP 2 : CHICKEN CHASHU
1. Add salt on all sides of chicken.
2. Put chicken in ziplock bag.
3. Remove air bubbles using water.
4. Place in 60℃ hot water. Keep warm for 1.5hours.
5. Remove and place in cold water.
6. Store in refrigerator overnight.
STEP 3 : NOODLES
1. Add Hokkaido Flour into a bowl.
2. Mix with Water, Kansui and Salt.
3. Add mixture into flour skowly.
4. Wrap and wait 30min.
5. Knead into dough.
6. Flatten dough.
7. Remove from bag and fold.
8. Repeat 3 more times.
9. When dough is smooth store in refrigerator overnight.
10. Cut into 3 sections.
11. Flatten with roller.
12. Use noodle machine to flatten.
13. Corn starch to prevent sticking.
14. Roll into noodles.
15. Noodles is done.
STEP 4 : SOUP (BROTH)
1. Simmer Niboshi, Mixed dried fish, Dried Kombu and Shiitake in water.
2. Low heat for 1hour to boil.
3. Remove kombu before water boils.
4. Continue boiling for 1 more hour.
5. Remove scrum.
6. Filter soup with strainer.
7. Soup is done.
STEP 5 : TOPPINGS
1. Slice Shironegi.
2. Make a slit.
3. Separate into layers.
4. Remove grenn centre.
5. Slice thinly and put into a bowl with water.
6. Chop remaining shironegi.
7. Chop Garlic for Oil.
8. Remove Shironegi from water after 10min.
9. Cut Chicken Chashu into thin slices.
STEP 6 : OIL
1. Mix Niboshi, Pork Fat and cut Shironegi into pot on medium heat.
2. Simmer until color turns gold with nice aroma.
3. Off the stove and add katsuobushi.
4. Remove ingredients with strainer.
5. Ramen oil is done.
STEP 7 : Niboshi Shoyu Ramen
1. Put Sauce and Oil into a bowl.
2. Cook Noodles about 2min.
3. Add Soup.
4. Put Noodles into a bowl.
5. Put all toppings.
6. Sprinkle chilli powder.
7. Niboshi Shoyu Ramen is done.
Make your own ramen
If you’d like to make authentic ramen like this recipe, you can make your own with all the ingredients and cooking utensils!
You can buy the ingredients for ramen RAMEN KAONASHI STORE.