This is a 2-part series featuring Chuka Soba 中華そば and Tsukemen, sharing the same soup base, tare and noodle recipe.
Hello! In this recipe I will show you how to make Tsukemen つけ麺, it is the most popular style of dipping ramen in Japan where dry noodles are dipped into a bowl of hot and thick broth.
Tsukemen is a consist separate servings of noodles and broth, the noodles are dipped in the broth before eating. The noodles are typically served cold or at room temperature, while the soup is served hot, which serves to season and moisten the noodles. Toppings used in the dish are typically on the side. Soup base is added to dilute the thick soup when noodles are finished, for drinking to complete the meal.
In my recipe, I used Gyokai Tonkotsu for the soup base and added cameralized onions to make the soup thicker and more flavourful. The handmade medium thick noodles is soft but springy as I added egg into the recipe.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, check another recipes and visit my youtube channel if you do! Please also subscribe if you wish to watch more ramen recipe videos and feel free to leave a comment for request of any ramen recipes. Thank you!
How to make Tsukemen Japanese Dipping Noodle
STEP 1 : NOODLES(麺)
- EGG 1pc
- WATER 140ml
- SALT 5g
- KANSUI 5g
- FLOUR 400g
1. Break egg & add water until 140g on weighing machine.
2. Beat egg until well mixed.
3. Add salt and kansui into mixture. Stir and mix well.
4. Add egg and kansui mixture by small batches to stir in with the flour.
5. Use hands to make sure everything is well mixed.
6. Pack into ziplock bag and wait 40min.
7. After 40min, flatten the dough with a roller.
8. After flattening the dough, wait 30min.
9. Cut dough to fit noodle machine.
10. Use noodle machine to press the noodle dough flat.
11. Use noodle machine to cut into medium thick noodles. Noodles is done.
STEP 2 : TSUKEMEN SOUP(スープ)
- ONIONS 1.5pc
- GYOKAI TONKOTSU SOUP 600ml
1. Cut onions into slices.
2. In a pan, add some butter and start cooking onions at medium heat.
3. cook until onion starts to brown and cameralise.
4. Add gyokai tonkotsu soup into pan (this soup was chilled hende in this form).
5. Simmer at low heat for about 5min.
6. Blend until soup is complete smooth and milky. Soup is done.
STEP 3 : TSUKEMEN(つけ麺)
- TSUKEMEN SOUP 300ml
- CHUKA SOBA SAUCE(TARE) 50ml
- JAPANESE RICE VINEGAR 1tbsp
- GRINDED PEPPER
- SUGAR 0.5tsp
- NOODLES 200g
- DRIED FISH POWDER 1tsp
1. Add tsukemen soup, chuka soba sauce, japanese rice vinegar, grinded pepper and sugar into pot.
2. Bring to boil.
3. Noodles boil for 6min.
4. Noodles rinse with cold water.
5. Topping ajitama, menma, chashu and lime. Tsukemen noodles is done.
6 Topping dried fish powder. Tsukemen soup is done.
7. When noodles are finished, add ramen soup to dilute the thick soup for drinking.
Make your own ramen
If you’d like to make authentic ramen like this recipe, you can make your own with all the ingredients and cooking utensils!
You can buy the ingredients for ramen RAMEN KAONASHI STORE.