Tori Paitan 鶏白湯 means Creamy Chicken Soup in Japanese. Although I have previously made a couple of Tori Paitan Ramen recipes, this might be the best one I made so far!
In this recipe of Tori Paitan Ramen 鶏白湯ラーメン, the Tori Paitan was boiled for about 4 hours to get a creamy consistency with a deep taste. I also made Dashi which was added to the soup when making the ramen broth for that extra umami burst.
To complement the soup, the ramen tare (sauce) is simple although I focus on using high quality shoyu. Handmade noodles were made with medium thickness, chewy and slightly firm. The dish is topped with simple sides of sous vide chicken chashu slices, ajitama, shironegi, pea sprouts and menma.
As always, I did not use any MSG because I try to use various alternative ingredients to bring out the umami in my own recipes.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, visit my youtube channel if you do! Please also subscribe if you wish to watch more ramen recipe videos and feel free to leave a comment for request of any ramen recipes. Thank you!
How to make The Best Tori Paitan Ramen
for RAMEN SAUCE
- HON MIRIN 30ml
- COOKING SAKE 20ml
- KOIKUCHI SHOYU 100ml
- USUKICHI SHOYU 50ml
- THAI FISH SAUCE 10ml
- EGG 1pc + WATER 145g
- SALT 5g
- KANSUI 5g
- HOKKAIDO RAMEN FLOUR 392g
- WHOLE-GRAIN WHEAT FLOUR 8g
- CHICKEN BREAST 300g
- SALT 3g
- SUGAR 3g
- DRIED SHIITAKE 3pc
- KOMBU 1pc
- SABABUSHI 25g
- NIBOSHI 25g
- WATER 600ml
- PORK LEG 400g
- CHICKEN CARCASS 900g
- WATER 2L
- ONION 1pc
- GARLIC 10pc
- RICE 1/4cup
- SHIRONEGI 1pc
- CHICKEN CHASHU
- PEA SPROUTS
for THE BEST TORI PAITAN RAMEN
- TORI PAITAN SOUP 250ml
- DASHI 50ml
- RAMEN SAUCE 33ml
- NOODLES 130g
- ALL TOPPINGS
STEP 1 : RAMEN SAUCE
1. Add Hon Mirin 30ml and Cooking Sake 20ml to pot.
2. Start fire at low heat to remove alcohol stop when done.
3. Add Koikuchi Shoyu 100ml, Usukuchi Shoyu 50ml and Thai Fish Sauce 10ml to pot. Ramen Sauce is done.
STEP 2 : NOODLES
1. Add both Egg and Water together to make 145g
2. Add Salt 5g and Kansui 5g and mix.
3. Add Hokkaido Ramen Flour 392g and Whole-Grain Wheat Flour 8g to a bowl.
4. Add kansui solution until fully combined with flour.
5. Press into smooth dough using a roller.
6. Leave aside for 40min.
7. Use noodle machine to make into long flat dough.
8. Cut into medium thick noodles. Noodles are done.
STEP 3 : CHASHU
1. Chicken Breast 300g rub Salt 3g and Sugar 3g on both sides.
2. Place into bag and remove any air before sealing.
3. Sous Vide at 63C for 55min.
4. Chicken Chashu is done.
STEP 4 : SOUP (BROTH)
1. Add Dried Shiitake 3pc, Kombu 1pc, Sababushi 25g, Niboshi 25g and Water 600ml to container. Cover and leave overnight in fridge.
2. Add overnight dashi into a cooking pot and start fire at low heat.
3. Simmer ar 70C for 50min.
4. Strain Dashi. Dashi is done.
5. Add Pork Leg 400g, Chicken Carcass 900g and Water 2L to large pot.
6. Start boiling at high heat.
7. When soup boils remove scum.
8. Add Onion 1pc and Garlic 10pc to soup.
9. Change to low heat and simmer 1hour.
10. Change to high heat to bring to boil for 30min.
11. Crush the meat and bones.
12. Top up water until original level and bring to boil.
13. Keep at boiling point for 30min.
14. Top up water to original level again, and boil another 30min.
15. Top up water (3rd time) and boil another 30min.
16. Top up water (4th time).
18. Add Rice 1/4cup into soup and boil for 40min more.
19. Stop boiling when the soup is creamy and fragrant.
20. Strain soup. Soup is done.
STEP 5 : TOPPING
1. Slice Shironegi 1pc thinly and soak for 10min.
2. Slice Chicken Chashu into thick pieces.
3. Prepare Ajitama, Pea Sprouts and Menma. Toppings are done.
STEP 6 : THE BEST TORI PAITAN RAMEN
1. Add Tori Paitan Soup 250ml, Dashi 50ml and Ramen Sauce 33ml to pot. Start Fire to boil soup.
2.Boil Noodles 130g for 2.5min.
3. Add Soup into a bowl. Use handmixer to make foamy soup.
4. Add boiled noodles into a bowl.
5. Add all toppings. The Best Tori Paitan Ramen is done.
Make your own ramen
If you’d like to make authentic ramen like this recipe, you can make your own with all the ingredients and cooking utensils!
You can buy the ingredients for ramen RAMEN KAONASHI STORE.